VERIFI’S SECURITY STANDARDS
We maintain strict physical, technical and administrative standards to protect the personal information we collect. Information is encrypted and transmitted via a Transport Layer Security (TLS). Pages which use this technology can be identified by “https” at the beginning of the URL. Additional procedures are in place to protect your information from unauthorized access. This includes, but is not limited to, internal and external firewalls and physical security of the premises. Moreover, Verifi is committed to providing you with the highest standards of privacy and security and to this end, we are compliant with the Payment Industry Data Security Standards (“PCI DSS”) as a level 1 service provider.
WHEN WE COLLECT INFORMATION AND WHAT WE DO WITH IT
The information that we collect is wholly dependent upon the nature of the activity and relationship that you have with our Company.
- Browsing. When you browse our Site, we may collect information including, but not limited to the domain and host from which you access the internet and the IP address of the computer or internet service provider you use. We may use this information to enhance site performance, gather demographic information, for security purposes and any other statistical analysis as we see fit. This information may be provided to third parties within our discretion.
- Inquiries. Our Site contains various options for contacting us, including email addresses, phone numbers, facsimile numbers, etc. We may use or store the information provided by your inquiry, including your personally identifiable information for any purpose whatsoever, and you are providing us with said information, with your full knowledge and assent to participate. We will not disclose this information to any third parties, other than those parties specifically contracted by us and said parties would be bound to the confidentiality obligations prior to such disclosure.
- Merchant Information Questionnaire. If you submit a Merchant Information Questionnaire through our Site, you may be required to provide certain personally identifiable information. We reserve the right to use or store that information and to collect other information about you from third parties, including credit reporting agencies, D&B or otherwise. We may also use this information to contact you whether directly or through a third party vendor, related to the services that we provide. We may also use your Questionnaire information for internal business analysis. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Written Agreements related to the Services Provided by Us. In order to obtain the services that are provided on this Site, you will be required to enter into a written agreement with us. We will disclose your information to third party vendors who are contracted through us to provide the services requested by you. We will also disclose and exchange information with banks, processors, card associations, and other financial institutions that are involved in the course of providing services to you. We will also use your information for business analyses and for any means necessary to provide and procure services to you. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any written agreement that you enter into with us will govern the confidentiality of our relationship. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Confidentiality Obligations. All contracts entered into between us and any vendor, customer or client will contain the express provisions governing the confidential treatment of any and all personally identifiable information.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE SITE
On occasion, it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, for product updates, we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the user’s wishes.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
Other Corporate Entities. We share much of our data, including personal information about you, with our partners that are committed to serving you throughout the world. To the extent that these entities have access to your information, they will treat it at least as protectively as they treat information they obtain from their other users.
CORRECTING/UPDATING/DELETING/DEACTIVATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate users’ personally identifiable information. This can usually be done by emailing our Customer Support or contact us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
VENDORS, PARTNERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS
This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Our users are given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our Site at the point where we ask for information. Users who no longer wish to receive communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the email or emailing us. Users of our site are always notified when their information is being collected by any outside parties. We do this so our users can make an informed choice as to whether or not they should proceed with services that require an outside party.
POSSIBLE MERGER OR ACQUISITION
Or, write to us at:
8391 Beverly Blvd., #310
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Verifi has committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints to JAMS, an independent dispute resolution services company. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Verifi, you may contact JAMS at:
1920 Main Street
Irvine, CA 92614