Protect Payments - Boost Profits
Total Dispute Management
Your Success Is Our Focus
Join us and industry experts to share new ideas, innovation and some fun at these great events.
Search our resource library for the information you need to help your business succeed.
Helpful resources, thought leadership, articles, white papers and chargeback briefs.
Get the FAQs Here!
Frequently asked questions answered by our team of experts.
Interested in joining a team of talented individuals in a dynamic and high growth industry? View or apply to opportunities.
Verifi is a leader in global payments protection. We are extraordinary, passionate, and out-of-the-box thinkers who love to have fun and solve new challenges every day in the world of payments.
Get in touch
"We founded the company with one basic premise - to help our clients protect their payments and boost their profits."
—Matthew Katz, CEO and Founder
Prevent and resolve costly chargebacks, increase your billings, build brand loyalty, and process your payments end-to-end with secure and easy-to-use technology.
Keep up to date with all our latest news and enhancements to our award winning suite of services to help your business maximize its payments and reduce risks.
Your Partner in Success
Trusted by emerging companies to the Fortune 500, Verifi works with a wide range of industries, including top omni-channel and e-commerce merchants to maximize payment yield across the entire transaction lifecycle.
Dispute representment allows merchants to dispute a chargeback. You must collect and provide evidence and any other information that proves the transaction was approved and completed properly.
If the merchant wins the dispute representment case, the issuer reverses the chargeback and the merchant is refunded.
What evidence is required for a successful dispute representment?
Because the dispute representment process is the merchant’s chance to dispute a chargeback, this process must not be taken lightly. To successfully dispute a chargeback, you must provide a long list of items of compelling evidence that clearly demonstrate the transaction was valid.
The chargeback reason code is important in determining the evidence you need to provide to successfully win the chargeback dispute. Each major credit card company has its own list of chargeback reason codes that describes the chargeback. Ensure you’ve fully reviewed the chargeback reason code before writing your chargeback rebuttal letter.
Be prepared to provide the following types of evidence along with your chargeback rebuttal letterA copy of the transaction receipt or order form. Make sure this document is easy-to-read and clearly legible.
– A copy of your refund/return policy. Ideally, you can print this off your website, or it should be included on the front or back of the transaction receipt or order form.
– All copies of communication with the customer who has filed the chargeback.
– Evidence that the product was delivered to the correct address, plus the date of delivery. Ideally, you have requested a signature and have this evidence on file.
– Customer transaction history that shows (if applicable) previous sales history with the customer.
– Evidence that proves the transaction was approved and authorized by the cardholder.
– The description of the product or service from your website. Ideally include a photo of the product in question with your evidence.
– Tracking numbers to indicate that the product was delivered.
– If the customer picked up the item at your store or at another pick-up location, provide evidence of this product delivery. For example, a copy of the customer signature on a receipt or a confirmation form.
– For digital downloads, include proof of download including the IP address to which the product was delivered and the date and time of the download.
As you can understand, you must prove that the transaction was approved and authorized by the customer/cardholder. To make it easier to collect your dispute representment evidence, we suggest you have a system in place that ensures this evidence is easily available.
The dispute representment process is time sensitive. Typically, you have only seven days from time of notification of the chargeback to respond with a representment.
What are some dispute representment tips?
To succeed in your dispute representment, we recommend you do the following:
Your expertise is in running your business and not in successfully disputing chargebacks. Working with chargeback experts and taking advantage of solutions that make it easier to collect the required evidence can make the difference between a successful representment and a loss.
Don’t let these common merchant challenges stop you from a successful dispute representment:
Call (323) 655-5789 or complete the form below